CG Questions: Hebrews 4:1-11
“There remains a rest for the people of God.”
What’s the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word “rest?”
Do you feel like you personally get enough “rest?” Why or why not?
Is it possible to be physically rested, but not “at rest?” Explain.
1. There is a promise of “entering HIS rest.” How do we “fail to reach it?” What stops us from “reaching it” today?
2. What did God do on the 7th Day? How do we “enter into the Sabbath rest” like our good Father? (God’s rest wants a rest because He was tired, but a rest to admire and delight in His work).
3. What things and people are you presently delighting in? Share these blessings with each other.
4. The author of Hebrews urges us to not harden our hearts and to not miss the promise of rest. What things, people, belief systems, idols prevent us from entering this rest? Get specific and ask God for strength for them to no longer be obstacles but bridges to this rest.
5. What “works” are being spoken of in Hebrews 4:10?
6. What can we actively do to “strive to enter in to this kind of rest?” (Hebrews 4:11)