1. Have you ever "sworn an oath" or made a covenant before? (Think marriage or a court of law.) Does that make your commitment a bigger deal? How so?
2. How do you feel about God making an oath that Jesus would be a priest forever? What does that mean for our security and assurance?
3. What kinds of things does a priest do?
4. Have you ever had to co-sign on a loan? What does the co-signer promise to do? When Hebrews says that Jesus is a guarantor of a better covenant, in a way, He is saying He will be "on the hook" for us. How does this make you feel?
5. Hebrews 7:25 - read this in different English translations of the Bible. What words bring you comfort and hope in this verse?
6. What specific thing is Jesus praying for you about right now? Can you close your eyes and imagine him praying for you?
7. Hebrews 7:26 lists several descriptors for Jesus. Which one is your favorite and why?
8. Spend time praying together and encouraging each other to draw near to the Great High Priest.